Protea Jo is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will always ensure your data is kept securely and not disclosed to an unauthorised person. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018, and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
What kind of information will we collect from you?
In order to provide our services, we have collected and processed the following information:
- Your name, company name, and job title.
- Your contact information including address, phone number, email and identification documents.
- Other information relevant to you such as Financial Data and relevant personal data required for the purpose of purchasing a property.
How will we use your personal data?
- If you are a customer at present we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we currently provide you or;
- If you are a former customer, we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we have delivered to you and conform to good business practices or;
- If we consider that our products or services might be of your interest then we may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other relevant information.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you, by email, for research purposes.
Would we be sharing your personal data with others?
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How long will we retain your personal data?
- We will keep your personal data for as long as you remain a customer of the company plus seven years or for a longer period of time if for the reasons stated above if legitimate purposes apply. After this period, we will securely delete and destroy your personal data. If you require further information on the types of data we hold and how long we retain them for please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some data, however, must be retained in order to protect the company’s interests, preserve evidence, and conform to good business practices.
- Note that the need to retain certain information can be mandated by local, industry regulations and will comply with EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003. Where this policy differs from applicable regulations, the policy specified in the regulations will apply.
What are your rights as a data subject?
It is in our best interest to safeguard your rights as our customer, therefore, we would like you to have a clear understanding of what happens to your personal data once we have collected it. The following list explains your rights as an individual under the Data Protection Act 2018:
- You have the right to be informed of what we do with your data and to know what the purpose of collecting and processing is.
- You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information so that you aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. You can obtain the following information: a) confirmation that your data is being processed and b) access to your personal data. We will provide this information within one month of the request and free of charge in electronic format.
- You have the right to request us to rectify your personal data if is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, although, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/
- You have the right to restrict the data processing, however, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-restrict-processing/
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. This is commonly known as “data portability”. We will provide this in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, free of charge, and we will deliver it you in one month following the request.
- Protea Jo Ltd is based in Southend on Sea. Our company number is 13193353 registered in England and Wales.
- You can reach us at email@example.com